HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Have a SCARY but SAFE Halloween! We ask you and your little goblins to adhere to Aurora’s official trick-or-treat hours, which are 4 to 7:30 p.m. today. If you’re accompanying your little ones, try and go out earlier when it still is light outside.
Other safety tips:
• Make sure costumes, wigs and accessories are flame resistant.
• Be sure to carry a flashlight; and costumes should be bright or reflective so children can see and be seen. Putting reflective tape on costumes is another option.
• Masks, costumes and shoes should be well-fitting to avoid blocked vision, trips and falls.
• Children should stay on sidewalks, look both ways before crossing streets and use established crosswalks wherever possible.
• Props like swords, knives and other objects should be made of soft or flexible material.
• Only visit homes with a front porch light on; and kids should only enter homes if they’re with a trusted adult. Otherwise, Trick-or-Treaters should stay outside.
• Bring a cell phone while trick-or-treating in case of an emergency.
• Only factory-wrapped treats should be eaten; homemade treats should be avoided unless the cook is well-known to the trick-or-treater or their family.
Don’t forget to verify addresses of sex offenders living in your neighborhoods by visiting http://sheriffalerts.com/cap_main.php?office=55129 .
Have a Happy Halloween!